According to Ayurveda, food and food habits are important for your health.
- When to eat: Basic principal about eating is, eat only when you are hungry. Meals schedule
should be strictly followed.
- How much to eat: Generally Human stomach has a capacity of 1 lit. While eating only fill half
of it with food, about quarter for water, and remaining space should be kept empty.
- How to Eat: While eating you should chew the food to get soft and ensure that it is
thoroughly mix with saliva. I always tell my patients, “Eat the Liquids and drinks the solids.
- Drinking water during meal: You can drink warm water slowly while eating.
- Where to eat: find calm and quite place to eat. Never eat food in crowded places.
- What to eat: As per Ayurveda, Every major meal should be a balance of following six RASAS;
Madhur (sweet), Amla (sour), Lavan (salty), Tikta (bitter), Katu (spicy), and Kashay (pungent).
Try to take all these RASAS (tastes) in your meals.
- After meals: Heavy physical and mental work should be strictly avoided after eating your food.
These are simple guidelines for eating, for healthy living.
Happy Eating. 🙂